Monday, February 29, 2016

[Project 3] I Belong


"I Belong" is a piece the address the issue of not fitting in. It deals with the exclusion of several "color" groups before finally finding a place where they fit in. The main issue I had with this project was trying to get the idea to translate. It honestly no longer felt like a piece that addressed the issue of mixed races, but of someone who doesn't seem to conform with everyone else. I also had an issue with making sure that my station was clean. I mean, not the station where everything was, but the area where the camera was taking pictures. Little particles can be seen (and are amplified) on the screen. Another downer is that there is no sound in this piece. But, I did find other ways to animate faster. I did try to find efficient routes to get the story across. This video was definitely a learning process, and I found out that layering transparent paper PUSHES the depth of the picture. I wish I learned this sooner as it was difficult to see the green figure in front of the yellow figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment