Thursday, February 4, 2016

[Project 2] Ideas

I had a couple of ideas jotted down, some more elaborate than others. Some examples would include two musical sounds (techno and swing music) clashing against each other before merging together and making electroswing. However, I got stuck with how I would go about the project since I'm not musically inclined, and it would be difficult to get the music to clash and merge together well.

So, I looked on incompetech.com and based my idea around the songs that I could use. Some ideas I jotted down were stuff like "Fruit Rotting", "Cafe Shop", and "DDR", which looking back, probably made more sense at the time than now.

But the idea that I'm really inclined to do is a side scroll video game. Well, video game inspired.

It begins with a title screen start menu before start is chosen. It continues with two princesses hanging out together before one of them (we'll call them Princess A) gets captured by a dragon! Princess B changes from her dress to armor and goes off to save Princess B. We get to see the side scroll action as Princess B faces off some monsters, but the real danger is the boss fight with the dragon. As Princess B goes for the kill, the screen goes to white. We cut to Princess A trapped in a tower when BAM the dragon's head breaks the wall! Princess B has tamed the dragon as her stead! Princess A swoons and kisses Princess B. It ends with both princesses flying off together into the sunset on their new dragon.


Start around 1:41 for game play

Shovel Knight


Not all side scrolls are limited to pixel art

No comments:

Post a Comment