Wednesday, April 27, 2016

[Project 6 - FINAL] Coatepec

Password: 400stars

I was really inspired by my Mexican Art History course, especially with the tale of Coatlicue and her relationship with her 401 children. When I first started this project, I wasn't entirely sure how to go about it; I wasn't sure if I should've pursued this story or if I should have some something else. I'm really glad I stuck with this story, even if it is slightly different than the various tales that have been presented.

One of the main challenges I faced in this project, other than trying to pronounce the names correctly and creating the animation, is when I had to finally project the project. Lighting was a huge issue. Thankfully, the painting students didn't mind when I shut off three rows of lights from their studio, but the lights that kept the third floor lit was a different matter. Due to safety precautions (understandably so), I was unable to turn off the lights. One of the regrets I have is that I didn't take into account of those lights, but I hope that it isn't too much of a distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment