Thursday, April 7, 2016

[FINAL] Concept!

Although I'm not entirely sure which route to take, I really did enjoy the projection project. So I wanted to explore the projection project even further. There are two ways that I could approach this:

1. Inspired by Aztec mythology
I heard about this in my Mexican Art History course, and I couldn't help but to be intrigued by the whole situation! So the story goes a little something like this:


Coatlicue, the Mother Goddess, had 400 sons (the stars) and 1 daughter, Coyolxauhqui, (the goddess of the moon). Coatlicue lived on Coatepec (the hill of snakes). As she was sweeping the floor one day, she found feathers. She placed them on her breasts and became pregnant (a virgin pregnancy). Her children grew resentful and jealous. However, it was Coyolxauhqui who beheaded her mother. From her mother's death came Huizilopochtli, the son of the Mother Goddess, also later known as the God of the Sun. He emerges out armed and ready to fight his sister with fire serpents by his side. He destroys his sister and throws the pieces of her off of Coatepec. Thus is the story of why the moon and sun fight for dominance in the sky.

Aztec/Coatlicue/Tenochtitlan/15th century

I do not want to focus on the whole story. I'm more intrigued by the emergence of Huizilopochtli with the fire serpents coming out of Coatlicue's head. But the problem I'm facing is what material I would project on.

Something in this style though:

Where the drawings are very geometric; It would reflect off of Aztec style

2. Transforming a normal object using projection animation. Sort of an offspring of the leg projection, I like the idea of manipulating objects as such. The question is if it should be inanimate or a living human being.







No comments:

Post a Comment