Monday, April 4, 2016

[Project 5] Leg Spasms

Password: demlegs

When I found the mannequin leg, I really wanted to use it for this projection project. It initially started with trying to mimic human anatomy, but after seeing the "muscles" form, two things became clear:
  1. The placement of the muscles were wrong.
  2. The actual motion of the animation was intriguing.
Even though my initially idea didn't work out, it was nice to see how this lead to a different track. I scrapped the bones in my leg because there was a nice connection between how it starts organically and ends organically. It was also cool seeing how this animation was being projected on an object. I mean,  this project was enhanced by being projected on a real object instead of watching it on a flat surface. The forms were pushed further, and it really did seem like that a leg was forming.

If I could do one thing differently though, it would be the way I mounted my project. I would need to find a lighter color for the string or find a different method so the leg could seem like it's "floating". 

No comments:

Post a Comment