Monday, March 21, 2016

[Project 4] Grains of Sand

Password: sand

"Grains of Sand" is an animation that cycles repeatedly. The sand was difficult to work with because of how I needed the sand to cover my whole canvas. I had to make sure to smooth the sand out, so there wouldn't be any odd light spots. But the hardest part had to be making sure the panning up and outs were consistent. It wasn't completely successful, as the person's limbs changed size, but it was definitely a good exercise to do. But I liked how malleable the sand was. It has its downside, which would be that you can mess up the whole image by accidentally having your arm touch a different area. But it was also nice to have the image be very flexible, drawing over the previous image, but also how the sand works with you on this aspect. I just have to find a way to make sure not to get sand in my mouth the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment